This being 2002 and all, we've got "texting" set up for our radio show. "Texting" is when people use their phones, and, in mere minutes, are able to send a message that otherwise, in normal conversation, may have required seconds.
We added "texting" to allow our listeners to connect with us, heart-to-heart. We need to share, to create interactive relationship, to identify with and relate to our listeners, and allow them to speak into our lives.
And here's how you add texting, based entirely on my real-life experience:
1) Discuss adding texting in meeting
2) Four years later -- wham! -- add texting
3) Investigate options for interface providers
4) Experiment with various providers
5) Decide on texting provider, work out details of contract
6) Attend various tutorials, on-line, to learn interface of texting provider
7) Excitedly discuss possible tweaks to interface over course of several months
8) Finalize interface
9) Receive short code, keyword "Brant", project folder, and password
10) Revisit interface, propose new tweaks
11) Finalize interface again
12) Hold meeting to discuss finalization of interface, discuss going on-air with it!
13) Make big announcement on air, with fanfare! You can TEXT us now! Just text us at 66937, keyword BRANT!
14) Receive very first successful text! "I hate you."